'Dancing With the Stars: All Stars' champ crowned
LOS ANGELES (AP) - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The reality TV star and her professional dance partner, Tony Dovolani, were named the champions Tuesday on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars: All Stars."
The pair beat out fellow finalists (and former champs) actress Kelly Monaco and Olympian Shawn Johnson to claim the sparkly mirror-ball trophy.
Fellow contestants on the show's first "all-star" season hoisted the new winners into the air as confetti rained down inside the "Dancing With the Stars" ballroom.
On the eve of the final competition, Rycroft said she felt confident and excited.
"I want to feel like a champion," she said.
Tuesday's two-hour season finale featured performances by the three finalists and each of the returning cast members: actors Pamela Anderson, Sabrina Bryan, Kirstie Alley and Gilles Marini; singers Joey Fatone and Drew Lachey; race car driver Helio Castroneves; reality TV star Bristol Palin; Olympic skater Apolo Anton Ohno; and football star Emmitt Smith.
Six of those contestants - Johnson, Monaco, Lachey, Ohno, Smith and Castroneves - were previous "Dancing" winners.
Rycroft and Dovolani came into the final contest with a pair of perfect scores. Those points were combined with viewer votes and a last set of judges' scores for an "instant dance" for which they had less than an hour to prepare.
Rycroft was a contestant on "The Bachelor" in 2009 and first appeared on "Dancing With the Stars" that same year. The 29-year-old also starred in a reality series earlier this year, "Melissa & Tye," about her marriage to Tye Strickland and their move to Hollywood so she could pursue an entertainment career.
abc, dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Cloudy And Cooler
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos