ABC celebrating Dick Clark on New Year's Eve
NEW YORK (AP) - November 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- ABC is turning its first New Year's Eve without Dick Clark in four decades partly into a celebration of the showbiz impresario's life.
Clark, who originated the annual "New Year's Rockin' Eve" special in 1971, died at age 82 in April. Fergie and Jenny McCarthy will be hosts of a two-hour tribute to Clark that will air at 8 p.m. ET on New Year's Eve.
ABC said Wednesday that Ryan Seacrest will host the countdown show from Times Square, with Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jepsen, Neon Trees, Flo Rida and Pitbull among the musical guests. Seacrest hosted the past few years with Clark making short appearances. A stroke had diminished Clark's communications skills.
Al Green, Helen Reddy and Three Dog Night performed at Clark's first New Year's special.
dick clark, abc, new year's, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 9 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos