Prince William visits pregnant Kate in hospital
LONDON (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prince William is visiting his pregnant wife Kate in a London hospital, where she is spending a second day being treated for acute morning sickness.
William arrived at the King Edward VII private hospital just before noon.
Royal officials announced Monday that Kate is pregnant and suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness that can lead to dehydration or worse if left untreated. She is expected to remain hospitalized for several days.
The pregnancy comes after a 2011 decision by the leaders of Britain and 15 Commonwealth nations endorsing new rules that give girls equal status with boys in the order of succession.
Experts caution that laws to enact the change have not yet been passed, which could cause uncertainty if the baby is a girl.
london, united kingdom, prince william, kate middleton, england, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 38 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 46 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 17 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
17 min ago