Prince William visits pregnant Kate in hospital
LONDON (AP) - December 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prince William is visiting his pregnant wife Kate in a London hospital, where she is spending a second day being treated for acute morning sickness.
William arrived at the King Edward VII private hospital just before noon.
Royal officials announced Monday that Kate is pregnant and suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness that can lead to dehydration or worse if left untreated. She is expected to remain hospitalized for several days.
The pregnancy comes after a 2011 decision by the leaders of Britain and 15 Commonwealth nations endorsing new rules that give girls equal status with boys in the order of succession.
Experts caution that laws to enact the change have not yet been passed, which could cause uncertainty if the baby is a girl.
london, united kingdom, prince william, kate middleton, england, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 52 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape