Comedian Katt Williams arrested near Sacramento
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Comedian Katt Williams has been arrested in northern California on a felony warrant related to a police chase.
The Sacramento Bee reports that Williams was arrested Friday night in Dunnigan, about 25 miles north of Sacramento, by Yolo County deputies.
The paper says he was released from the county jail Saturday after posting bail.
The sheriff's department confirmed Williams' arrest late Saturday, but staffers on duty didn't have details. A spokesman for the comedian didn't immediately return a call and email.
The California Highway Patrol says Williams fled officers on a three-wheeled motorcycle on Nov. 25 after being spotted driving on a downtown Sacramento sidewalk.
The CHP said Williams was asked to stop and refused, leading to the pursuit.
The CHP says Williams nearly hit five people during the chase, which police ended for safety reasons.
california, police chase, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 33 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos