Comedian Katt Williams arrested near Sacramento
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - December 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Comedian Katt Williams has been arrested in northern California on a felony warrant related to a police chase.
The Sacramento Bee reports that Williams was arrested Friday night in Dunnigan, about 25 miles north of Sacramento, by Yolo County deputies.
The paper says he was released from the county jail Saturday after posting bail.
The sheriff's department confirmed Williams' arrest late Saturday, but staffers on duty didn't have details. A spokesman for the comedian didn't immediately return a call and email.
The California Highway Patrol says Williams fled officers on a three-wheeled motorcycle on Nov. 25 after being spotted driving on a downtown Sacramento sidewalk.
The CHP said Williams was asked to stop and refused, leading to the pursuit.
The CHP says Williams nearly hit five people during the chase, which police ended for safety reasons.
california, police chase, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 6 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 41 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!