Man strips at Austrian art exhibition of nude men
VIENNA (AP) -December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Austrian museum says a man took the concept of life imitating art to an extreme when he suddenly stripped at an exhibition of pictures and sculptures portraying nude men through the ages.
Vienna's Leopold Museum says that after taking his clothes off, the man calmly sauntered through the exhibition, dressing again only after a security guard asked him to do so.
Museum spokesman Klaus Pokorny said Tuesday that the museum had nothing to do with Saturday's strip, describing it as a "spontaneous act." He says other visitors did not appear disturbed.
He said that since its Oct. 19 opening, the "Nude Men" exhibition had attracted more than 65,000 visitors - all of them dressed except for one.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Screaming man attacks police district, cars 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police cars, station 6 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 39 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 26 min ago
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
39 min ago