Man strips at Austrian art exhibition of nude men
VIENNA (AP) -December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Austrian museum says a man took the concept of life imitating art to an extreme when he suddenly stripped at an exhibition of pictures and sculptures portraying nude men through the ages.
Vienna's Leopold Museum says that after taking his clothes off, the man calmly sauntered through the exhibition, dressing again only after a security guard asked him to do so.
Museum spokesman Klaus Pokorny said Tuesday that the museum had nothing to do with Saturday's strip, describing it as a "spontaneous act." He says other visitors did not appear disturbed.
He said that since its Oct. 19 opening, the "Nude Men" exhibition had attracted more than 65,000 visitors - all of them dressed except for one.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 35 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 32 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 19 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 1 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
33 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
19 min ago