Spice Girls musical 'Viva Forever' opens in London
LONDON (AP) - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's time to find out whether Girl Power is still going strong, with the premiere of a new stage musical based on the songs of the Spice Girls.
The members of the 1990s girl group - Baby, Sporty, Scary, Ginger and Posh - are expected on the red carpet for Tuesday's opening night of "Viva Forever" at London's Piccadilly Theatre.The musical uses Spice Girls songs including "Wannabe" and "Spice Up Your Life" in a tale of four friends whose bond becomes strained when their band enters a TV talent show.
It's a pop confection with heavyweight credentials. The show was written by comedian Jennifer Saunders, co-creator of celebrity-skewering sitcom "Absolutely Fabulous."
The producer is Judy Craymer, who produced stage and screen versions of the hugely successful ABBA musical "Mamma Mia!"
music, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 48 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1