Police arrested in thefts from Rivera crash site
MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) - December 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say two state police officers have been arrested on suspicion of stealing unspecified items from the scene of the plane crash that killed Mexican-American superstar Jenni Rivera.
The Nuevo Leon state government says authorities found images of the scene on the smartphone of one of the officers, who is 23, while trying to determine now the Mexican media got photographs of the secured site, including images of body parts and personal documents.
Investigators searched the homes of the officers who secured the crash site and found victims' belongings in two.
The government said Thursday it then arrested the 23-year-old and another officer who is 24.
The officers belong to a new state police force meant to be more effective and less corrupt than its predecessors.
music, mexico, plane crash, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 35 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 23 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!