Jack Reacher premiere postponed due to Conn. shooting
NEW YORK - December 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- The U.S. premiere of the Tom Cruise action movie "Jack Reacher" is being postponed following the deadly Connecticut school shooting.
Paramount Pictures says "out of honor and respect for the families of the victims" the premiere won't take place Saturday in Pittsburgh, where "Jack Reacher" was filmed.
The premiere would've been Cruise's first U.S. media appearance since his split from Katie Holmes over the summer. It was to be more contained with select outlets covering and a location away from Hollywood or New York.
A proclamation ceremony for Cruise had been planned with Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett and Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl.
No new date for the premiere has been set. The movie opens Dec. 21.
Friday's massacre at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school killed 20 children and several adults.
movies, Newtown, Conn. school shooting, tom cruise, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 6 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 31 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 23 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 50 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ