Kate Middleton attends UK sports awards show
LONDON (AP) - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- The pregnant Duchess of Cambridge made her first public appearance Sunday night since her hospitalization for acute morning sickness.
Looking healthy and strong, the former Kate Middleton presented awards at the BBC Sports Personality of the Year prizes, which were broadcast throughout Britain.
She wore a dark green outfit and seemed composed and comfortable, showing no signs of the acute morning sickness that had led to her recent hospitalization.
She had not been seen in public since leaving King Edward VII Hospital in London on Dec. 6. At the time, officials said the duchess would be resting.
At the conclusion of the gala show, she presented the lifetime achievement award to Sebastian Coe, the newly elected chairman of the British Olympic Association and a two-time Olympic middle-distance champion. She also presented the sports personality of the year award, won by Tour de France and Olympic champion Bradley Wiggins.
Palace officials have said the Duchess is in the first 12 weeks of her pregnancy. It would be the first child for her and her husband, Prince William.
It was also her first public appearance since the apparent suicide of a nurse at King Edward VII Hospital who was the victim of a prank call by two DJs from an Australian radio show.
kate middleton, prince william, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 23 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 22 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain 9 min ago
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie 19 min ago
- Down At The Shore