Cruise returning to Pittsburgh for movie premiere
PITTSBURGH (AP) - December 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tom Cruise is heading to Pittsburgh for a scaled-down screening of his new action movie, "Jack Reacher," after it was postponed over the weekend because of the deadly school shooting in Connecticut.
Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn., left 20 children and six adults dead at the school, along with the gunman and his mother.
Paramount Pictures then postponed the Saturday U.S. premiere of the movie, which was filmed in Pittsburgh and is set to open Dec. 21.
The studio says Cruise will return to Pittsburgh on Wednesday to screen "Jack Reacher" for fans. It says there won't be a red carpet but Cruise will introduce the film.
The showing will be for previously confirmed guests.
tom cruise, movies, pittsburgh, pennsylvania, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 53 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 41 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
41 min ago