'Les Miz' star has family ties to Victor Hugo
LOS ANGELES (AP) - December 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Helena Bonham Carter apparently shares more with Victor Hugo than just a role in the film based on his novel.
A study by genealogy website Ancestry.com reveals Victor Hugo was a political colleague of a cousin of the 46-year-old actress. Carter stars as Madame Thenardier in the upcoming musical "Les Miserables." The film is an adaptation of the stage musical based on Hugo's 1862 book.
Ancestry.com says French financier and politician Achille Fould was Carter's first cousin five times removed. He served with Hugo in the post-revolutionary French government in the 1840s. Fould was minister of finance; Hugo was in the constitutional and legislative assembly.
Fould was a staunch supporter of Louis Napoleon III when he seized power of the French empire in 1851, while Hugo declared him a traitor.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 10 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 53 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos