'Les Miz' star has family ties to Victor Hugo
LOS ANGELES (AP) - December 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Helena Bonham Carter apparently shares more with Victor Hugo than just a role in the film based on his novel.
A study by genealogy website Ancestry.com reveals Victor Hugo was a political colleague of a cousin of the 46-year-old actress. Carter stars as Madame Thenardier in the upcoming musical "Les Miserables." The film is an adaptation of the stage musical based on Hugo's 1862 book.
Ancestry.com says French financier and politician Achille Fould was Carter's first cousin five times removed. He served with Hugo in the post-revolutionary French government in the 1840s. Fould was minister of finance; Hugo was in the constitutional and legislative assembly.
Fould was a staunch supporter of Louis Napoleon III when he seized power of the French empire in 1851, while Hugo declared him a traitor.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 54 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 1 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 56 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Police search for suspects in religious...
1 min ago