Al Pacino wins as 'Glengarry Glen Ross' recoups
NEW YORK (AP) -December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Al Pacino-led revival of "Glengarry Glen Ross" on Broadway has plenty to be happy about this Christmas.
Producers said Wednesday that the show, which marks the 30th anniversary of David Mamet's Pulitzer Prize-winning play about the backbiting world of salesmen, has recouped its $3.3 million investment.
The cast also includes Bobby Cannavale, Jeremy Shamos, John C. McGinley, David Harbour and Richard Schiff. Reviews were mostly positive when the play opened Dec. 8, or at least were far better than a new Mamet play that closed quickly this fall, "The Anarchist."
The success of "Glengarry Glen Ross" is a bright spot in an otherwise bleak season that has seen "The Producers," ''The Anarchist," and Kathie Lee Gifford's "Scandalous" all open and close quickly.
theater, broadway, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff 45 min ago
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 1 min ago
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved 48 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 7 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 37 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
45 min ago
- Group calls on Phila. City Council for...
43 min ago