Al Pacino wins as 'Glengarry Glen Ross' recoups
NEW YORK (AP) -December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Al Pacino-led revival of "Glengarry Glen Ross" on Broadway has plenty to be happy about this Christmas.
Producers said Wednesday that the show, which marks the 30th anniversary of David Mamet's Pulitzer Prize-winning play about the backbiting world of salesmen, has recouped its $3.3 million investment.
The cast also includes Bobby Cannavale, Jeremy Shamos, John C. McGinley, David Harbour and Richard Schiff. Reviews were mostly positive when the play opened Dec. 8, or at least were far better than a new Mamet play that closed quickly this fall, "The Anarchist."
The success of "Glengarry Glen Ross" is a bright spot in an otherwise bleak season that has seen "The Producers," ''The Anarchist," and Kathie Lee Gifford's "Scandalous" all open and close quickly.
theater, broadway, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 36 min ago
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 9 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 34 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 35 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 1 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
32 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
31 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
36 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police...
35 min ago