Ke$ha tweets hit 'Die Young' 'now inappropriate'
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ke$ha says she understands her hit song "Die Young" ''is now inappropriate" following the shootings in Newtown, Conn.
The pop singer said in a Twitter post Tuesday night that she's "so so so sorry" for anyone affected by the tragedy.
Earlier Tuesday, Ke$ha tweeted that she had her own issues with "Die Young" due to the lyrics, but that she was "FORCED TO" sing them. That tweet was deleted a short time later.
Ke$ha's spokesman said the 25-year-old had no comment Wednesday morning.
"Die Young" is intended as a party anthem and is No. 3 on this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart. But radio stations began to pull it and other songs with potentially upsetting lyrics after 27 people, including 20 children, were killed Friday at an elementary school.
Newtown, Conn. school shooting, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 13 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 9 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 9 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
13 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
9 min ago