Ke$ha tweets hit 'Die Young' 'now inappropriate'
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ke$ha says she understands her hit song "Die Young" ''is now inappropriate" following the shootings in Newtown, Conn.
The pop singer said in a Twitter post Tuesday night that she's "so so so sorry" for anyone affected by the tragedy.
Earlier Tuesday, Ke$ha tweeted that she had her own issues with "Die Young" due to the lyrics, but that she was "FORCED TO" sing them. That tweet was deleted a short time later.
Ke$ha's spokesman said the 25-year-old had no comment Wednesday morning.
"Die Young" is intended as a party anthem and is No. 3 on this week's Billboard Hot 100 chart. But radio stations began to pull it and other songs with potentially upsetting lyrics after 27 people, including 20 children, were killed Friday at an elementary school.
Newtown, Conn. school shooting, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Woman hospitalized in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 45 min ago