Queen Elizabeth II goes 3D for Christmas message
LONDON (AP) - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- She made her acting debut at the London Olympics. Now Queen Elizabeth II is hitting the screen again - in 3D.
Buckingham Palace says the monarch was "ready to embrace something new" for her annual Christmas broadcast in honor of her Diamond Jubilee year - 60 years on the throne.
The 86-year-old monarch has made a prerecorded Christmas broadcast on radio since 1952 and on television since 1957. She writes the speeches herself, and the broadcasts mark the rare occasions in which the queen voices her own opinion without government consultation.
The palace said the queen has watched the broadcast and found it "absolutely lovely."
It airs at 3:00 p.m. on Christmas Day.
queen elizabeth, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot while sleeping in South Philadelphia 5 min ago
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos