Iron Butterfly bassist died of natural causes
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - December 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Coroner's officials say Lee Dorman, bass guitarist for the 1960s psychedelic rock band Iron Butterfly, died of natural causes in Southern California and there won't be an autopsy.
A statement from the Orange County coroner's office says Dorman was under the care of a physician when the 70-year-old was found dead in his car Friday at his home in the coastal town of Laguna Niguel.
Authorities have said Dorman may have been on his way to a doctor's appointment when he died.
No services have been announced.
Iron Butterfly rose to prominence in the late 1960s. According to the band's website, its second album, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida," sold more than 30 million copies. The title track's distinctive notes have been featured in numerous films and TV shows.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 24 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 22 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 4 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 8 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos