Iron Butterfly bassist died of natural causes
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) - December 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Coroner's officials say Lee Dorman, bass guitarist for the 1960s psychedelic rock band Iron Butterfly, died of natural causes in Southern California and there won't be an autopsy.
A statement from the Orange County coroner's office says Dorman was under the care of a physician when the 70-year-old was found dead in his car Friday at his home in the coastal town of Laguna Niguel.
Authorities have said Dorman may have been on his way to a doctor's appointment when he died.
No services have been announced.
Iron Butterfly rose to prominence in the late 1960s. According to the band's website, its second album, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida," sold more than 30 million copies. The title track's distinctive notes have been featured in numerous films and TV shows.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion 27 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions 58 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start 57 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
58 min ago
- John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos