Netflix streaming service back online after outage
SAN FRANCISCO - December 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Those hoping to spend the holiday watching streaming video from Netflix can now get back in front of their TVs, tablets and PCs after a Christmas Eve outage.
A Netflix Inc. spokesman said by email Tuesday morning that the service has been fully restored.
The outage affected customers in the Americas starting around 12:30 p.m. PST on Monday. The company, which is based in Los Gatos, Calif., blames problems with Amazon Web Services, and says it is investigating further.
Amazon Web Services provides companies with online storage and computing. It is separate from Seattle-based Amazon.com Inc.'s better-known shopping website.
Amazon says that problems with its service have also now been fixed.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 5 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 7 min ago
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures