Ben Affleck won't run for US Senate in Mass.
BOSTON (AP) - December 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ben Affleck is taking his name off the list of possible candidates for U.S. Sen. John Kerry's seat, which would be open if the Democratic senator from Massachusetts is confirmed as secretary of state.
Affleck says in a Monday posting on his Facebook page that while he loves the political process, he will not be running for public office.
Speculation about the Cambridge, Mass., native rose slightly when he did not completely rule out a Senate bid during an appearance on CBS' Face The Nation on Sunday.
In his Facebook posting, Affleck says he would continue working with the Eastern Congo Initiative, a nonprofit organization that helps direct humanitarian aid to the war-torn region, and for other causes.
Affleck says Kerry would make a great secretary of state.
ben affleck, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 36 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 36 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 43 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 11 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 18 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos