Katie Holmes' Broadway play 'Dead Accounts' closes
NEW YORK (AP) - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Holmes' return to Broadway will be much shorter than she would have liked.
The former Mrs. Cruise's play "Dead Accounts" will close within a week of the new year. Producers said Thursday that Theresa Rebeck's drama will close on Jan. 6 after 27 previews and 44 performances.
The show, which opened to poor reviews on Nov. 29, stars Norbert Leo Butz as Holmes' onstage brother who returns to his Midwest home with a secret. Rebeck created the first season of NBC's "Smash" and several well-received plays including "Seminar" and "Mauritius."
Holmes, who became a star in the teen soap opera "Dawson's Creek," made her Broadway debut in the 2008 production of "All My Sons." She was married to Tom Cruise from 2006 until this year.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self 49 min ago
- Pregnant woman injured in crash with school bus 3 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 2 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot