Katie Holmes' Broadway play 'Dead Accounts' closes
NEW YORK (AP) - December 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Katie Holmes' return to Broadway will be much shorter than she would have liked.
The former Mrs. Cruise's play "Dead Accounts" will close within a week of the new year. Producers said Thursday that Theresa Rebeck's drama will close on Jan. 6 after 27 previews and 44 performances.
The show, which opened to poor reviews on Nov. 29, stars Norbert Leo Butz as Holmes' onstage brother who returns to his Midwest home with a secret. Rebeck created the first season of NBC's "Smash" and several well-received plays including "Seminar" and "Mauritius."
Holmes, who became a star in the teen soap opera "Dawson's Creek," made her Broadway debut in the 2008 production of "All My Sons." She was married to Tom Cruise from 2006 until this year.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire 54 min ago
- Windy And Cool 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police 33 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of North Philadelphia high-rise 17 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Windy And Cool
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos