Kimmel beats Letterman in 1st night head-to-head
NEW YORK (AP) - January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" has gotten a warm welcome on its first night airing 30 minutes earlier.
Kimmel went head-to-head Tuesday for the first time against CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" and NBC's "Tonight Show with Jay Leno." According to Nielsen fast national ratings, Kimmel edged out Letterman and ran slightly behind Leno in total viewers.
Tuesday's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" was seen by roughly 3 million viewers, only 177,000 fewer than the audience for the "Tonight Show." It beat "Late Show" by 115,000 viewers.
"Jimmy Kimmel Live" scored its second-largest audience ever while exceeding the average audience in its previous berth by 59 percent.
"Jimmy Kimmel Live" previously aired at 12 a.m. Eastern time, after "Nightline." It now airs for an hour beginning at 11:35 a.m., followed by "Nightline."
david letterman, jay leno, jimmy kimmel, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 47 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Obama heading to South Africa 26 min ago
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
32 min ago