Michelle Williams joining tour of 'Fela!'
NEW YORK (AP) - January 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former Destiny's Child member Michelle Williams is joining the latest national tour of the musical "Fela!"
Producers said Thursday the singer, who starred on the UPN sitcom "Half & Half," will be onstage when the tour opens at Sidney Harman Hall in Washington, D.C., on Jan. 29.
"Fela!" - a biography of Nigerian musician and activist Fela Anikulapo Kuti - will then play 16 cities, including Miami and Seattle.
Williams, part of Destiny's Child along with Kelly Rowland and Beyonce, is now solo artist who released the dance album "Unexpected" and the single "On The Run." Jay-Z, Beyonce's husband, is one of the producers of "Fela!" which won three Tony Awards.
Williams has appeared on Broadway in "Aida," on tour with "The Color Purple," and in London starring in "Chicago."
broadway, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 40 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 26 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 16 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 31 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 16 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
26 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos