Lohan lawyer predicts NY club case will be dropped
NEW YORK (AP) - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Lindsay Lohan's attorney predicts there will be no case against the actress in connection with an alleged fight at a Manhattan nightclub.
Attorney Mark Jay Heller spoke after signing paperwork at the courthouse Monday.
Office of Court Administration spokesman David Bookstaver confirmed that a criminal complaint has not been drawn up at this time. The district attorney's office said only that the investigation is continuing.
Lohan was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor assault in the Nov. 29 incident at the club Avenue.
The "Mean Girls" and "Liz and Dick" star allegedly struck a woman in the face during an argument.
At the time of her arrest, her attorney, Heller said Lohan was "a victim of someone trying to capture their 15 minutes of fame."
lindsay lohan, new york city, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 22 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 6 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 26 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 26 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 26 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
22 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
26 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
26 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos