Winslet's husband fights tabloid over party photos
LONDON (AP) - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Kate Winslet's new husband has gone to court in London to stop a tabloid newspaper from publishing photos of him at what he called an "outrageous" costume party.
Ned Rocknroll is asking the High Court to bar The Sun from running the pictures pending the outcome of his invasion of privacy claim against the newspaper.
Rocknroll, the nephew of Virgin transport and media tycoon Richard Branson, argues there is no public interest in running the photos, taken in 2010 when he was a "relative nobody."The content of the images was not disclosed. The Sun has quoted Rocknroll's lawyer, David Sherbourne, as saying they are "innocent but naive."
The 34-year-old married the Academy Award-winning actress Winslet in New York last month.
kate winslet, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man