Winslet's husband fights tabloid over party photos
LONDON (AP) - January 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Kate Winslet's new husband has gone to court in London to stop a tabloid newspaper from publishing photos of him at what he called an "outrageous" costume party.
Ned Rocknroll is asking the High Court to bar The Sun from running the pictures pending the outcome of his invasion of privacy claim against the newspaper.
Rocknroll, the nephew of Virgin transport and media tycoon Richard Branson, argues there is no public interest in running the photos, taken in 2010 when he was a "relative nobody."The content of the images was not disclosed. The Sun has quoted Rocknroll's lawyer, David Sherbourne, as saying they are "innocent but naive."
The 34-year-old married the Academy Award-winning actress Winslet in New York last month.
kate winslet, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 9 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
9 min ago