Winslet husband wins injunction over party pics
LONDON (AP) - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Kate Winslet's new husband has won an injunction in a British court to stop a tabloid newspaper publishing photos of him at a costume party.
The High Court ruled Tuesday in favor of Ned Rocknroll, issuing an order preventing The Sun from running the images pending the outcome of his invasion of privacy claim. Lawyers for The Sun say the photos show Rocknroll partly naked.
The nephew of Virgin media tycoon Richard Branson says there is no public interest in running the 2010 photos. His lawyers argue Winslet's children could be bullied as a result of publication.
Rocknroll says he had been a "relative nobody" prior to his marriage to Winslet last month.
Judge Michael Briggs says he'll offer his reasoning for the decision later.
kate winslet, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 47 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 38 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 45 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms 50 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
42 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
38 min ago
- New sighting reported of missing student's...
47 min ago
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos