Megan Fox no longer emulates Marilyn Monroe
NEW YORK (AP) - January 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- Instead of chasing fame, Megan Fox is running from it.
The "Transformers" actress tells Esquire magazine she wanted to be like Marilyn Monroe and even has a tattoo of the late actress on her arm, but has now begun the process of having it removed.
The 26-year-old says she read about Monroe's "difficult life" where she had "all the potential in the world" that was wasted. Monroe, she says, "wasn't reliable" and "almost wasn't insurable." She goes on to compare Lindsay Lohan to Monroe. Fox says she's "not interested in following in those footsteps."
Fox now admires Ava Gardner who "was a broad" who spoke her mind and "had power."
Esquire's February issue goes on sale Jan. 22.
new york, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 17 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 10 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 59 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act