David Bowie readies 1st album in 10 years
NEW YORK (AP) - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- David Bowie is celebrating his birthday by releasing new music.
The English singer announced Tuesday, his 66th birthday, that he has released his first song in 10 years titled "Where Are We Now?"
A new album, "The Next Day," will be out March 11 and 12 in the United Kingdom and the United States, respectively.
The slow groove was released on iTunes and in 119 countries. It was produced by longtime collaborator Tony Visconti.
Bowie's last album was 2003's "Reality." The fashion forward singer debuted in the 1960s, releasing multiple successful albums with sounds that range from rock to pop to glam rock to soul and funk.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's hits include "Let's Dance," ''China Girl," ''Fame" and "Dancing In the Street."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 16 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 7 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted 35 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?