David Bowie readies 1st album in 10 years
NEW YORK (AP) - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- David Bowie is celebrating his birthday by releasing new music.
The English singer announced Tuesday, his 66th birthday, that he has released his first song in 10 years titled "Where Are We Now?"
A new album, "The Next Day," will be out March 11 and 12 in the United Kingdom and the United States, respectively.
The slow groove was released on iTunes and in 119 countries. It was produced by longtime collaborator Tony Visconti.
Bowie's last album was 2003's "Reality." The fashion forward singer debuted in the 1960s, releasing multiple successful albums with sounds that range from rock to pop to glam rock to soul and funk.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's hits include "Let's Dance," ''China Girl," ''Fame" and "Dancing In the Street."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ