Kaley Cuoco joins Shatner in Priceline ad campaign
LOS ANGELES (AP) -January 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- William Shatner is getting a new Priceline commercial co-star: Kaley Cuoco (KWOH'-koh) of CBS' "The Big Bang Theory."
In an upcoming campaign for the online travel services company, Shatner's Negotiator reveals he has a daughter, played by Cuoco. She's been schooled since childhood in the art of - what else? - deal-making, and now is ready to join dad in pitching Priceline.
Cuoco, 27, said the 81-year-old Shatner has made Priceline "cool," but the company wanted to update its message for younger consumers.
The actors taped a pair of spots for the ad campaign that begins Jan. 14, with plans for two more commercials to be shot this summer, Cuoco said. The first spot is available on YouTube starting Wednesday.
She and Shatner turned out to be a good comedic match and had "way too much fun" making the spots, Cuoco said. Shatner returned the compliment, calling her "quite a talent."
Then there's that connection between Shatner's "Star Trek" history and Cuoco's role on the geekfest sitcom "Big Bang Theory."
"The nerdy factor, the Trekkie stuff, it goes with 'Big Bang' and it all worked together," she said.
william shatner, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 9 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 51 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
9 min ago