Meredith Vieira leaving 'Millionaire'
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - January 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Meredith Vieira is leaving "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" after 11 years as host of the syndicated game show.
The former "Today" show host and two-time Emmy winner as best game show host said Thursday she's leaving for other ventures including more work at NBC News.
An executive familiar with Vieira's plans says Vieira will be launching her own YouTube channel with stories on people's lives. The executive spoke on condition of anonymity because the plans haven't been announced yet.
Vieira also has her own production company. She produced the feature film "Return" and the touring play "Life in a Marital Institution (20 Years of Monogamy in One Terrifying Hour)."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 50 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ