'Melrose Place' actress seeks new trial
SOMERVILLE, N.J. (AP) - January 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former "Melrose Place" actress who was driving drunk when her SUV plowed into another car, killing a woman in New Jersey is seeking a new trial.
A jury in November found 41-year-old Amy Locane-Bovenizer guilty of vehicular homicide. She was acquitted of a more serious charge of aggravated manslaughter.
The Star-Ledger of Newark reports her lawyer wants the verdict thrown out, in part, because the defense argued other factors led to the 2010 accident.
The defense had tried to shift blame to a third motorist who was pursuing the actress after her vehicle was rear-ended. The defense also claimed the husband of the victim made a slow turn in front of Locane-Bovenizer's SUV.
She faces five to 10 years in prison when she's sentenced on Feb. 14.
trial, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 41 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 54 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor