'Melrose Place' actress seeks new trial
SOMERVILLE, N.J. (AP) - January 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A former "Melrose Place" actress who was driving drunk when her SUV plowed into another car, killing a woman in New Jersey is seeking a new trial.
A jury in November found 41-year-old Amy Locane-Bovenizer guilty of vehicular homicide. She was acquitted of a more serious charge of aggravated manslaughter.
The Star-Ledger of Newark reports her lawyer wants the verdict thrown out, in part, because the defense argued other factors led to the 2010 accident.
The defense had tried to shift blame to a third motorist who was pursuing the actress after her vehicle was rear-ended. The defense also claimed the husband of the victim made a slow turn in front of Locane-Bovenizer's SUV.
She faces five to 10 years in prison when she's sentenced on Feb. 14.
trial, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 54 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 31 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 23 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 27 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 16 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
18 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
36 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
33 min ago