Winfrey, Frank Ocean among GLAAD award nominees
NEW YORK (AP) - January 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- GLAAD has named the film "Cloud Atlas," AMC's reality show "Small Town Security," and the New Yorker magazine among its nominees for the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation announced on Wednesday 120 nominees in English-language categories and 33 nominees in Spanish-language categories.
Other nominees include the NBC shows "Smash" and "The New Normal," Frank Ocean for his "Channel Orange" album, the magazine People en Espanol, and Oprah Winfrey's interview with Neil Patrick Harris and partner David Burtka.
The awards are meant to recognize and honor media for outstanding images of the gay and lesbian community. The winners will be announced March 16 in New York and at ceremonies in April and May in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
oprah winfrey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 45 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 44 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 4 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 46 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
42 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
44 min ago