Winfrey, Frank Ocean among GLAAD award nominees
NEW YORK (AP) - January 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- GLAAD has named the film "Cloud Atlas," AMC's reality show "Small Town Security," and the New Yorker magazine among its nominees for the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards.
The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation announced on Wednesday 120 nominees in English-language categories and 33 nominees in Spanish-language categories.
Other nominees include the NBC shows "Smash" and "The New Normal," Frank Ocean for his "Channel Orange" album, the magazine People en Espanol, and Oprah Winfrey's interview with Neil Patrick Harris and partner David Burtka.
The awards are meant to recognize and honor media for outstanding images of the gay and lesbian community. The winners will be announced March 16 in New York and at ceremonies in April and May in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
oprah winfrey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 51 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 18 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom