Miss America unsure about attending Inauguration
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mallory Hagan says her first week as Miss America has been amazing, but she's not sure she's going to Inauguration Day because of the weather.
Hagan said in an interview Saturday that it may be too cold to attend President Barack Obama's public swearing in ceremony Monday. She says she has a ticket and is "in the middle of deciding if she'll go" because "it's going to be freezing."
Hagan spoke at an event for OurTime.org, which featured will.i.am and John Legend.
Hagan won the Miss America title last week. The 23-year-old was born in Alabama, but moved to New York at 18. She was named Miss New York last year and lives in Brooklyn.
She says she feels "overwhelmed, excited, humbled" after having the crown for a week.
president barack obama, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ