Miss America unsure about attending Inauguration
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mallory Hagan says her first week as Miss America has been amazing, but she's not sure she's going to Inauguration Day because of the weather.
Hagan said in an interview Saturday that it may be too cold to attend President Barack Obama's public swearing in ceremony Monday. She says she has a ticket and is "in the middle of deciding if she'll go" because "it's going to be freezing."
Hagan spoke at an event for OurTime.org, which featured will.i.am and John Legend.
Hagan won the Miss America title last week. The 23-year-old was born in Alabama, but moved to New York at 18. She was named Miss New York last year and lives in Brooklyn.
She says she feels "overwhelmed, excited, humbled" after having the crown for a week.
president barack obama, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 44 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 23 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 23 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 38 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases