Miss America unsure about attending Inauguration
WASHINGTON (AP) - January 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mallory Hagan says her first week as Miss America has been amazing, but she's not sure she's going to Inauguration Day because of the weather.
Hagan said in an interview Saturday that it may be too cold to attend President Barack Obama's public swearing in ceremony Monday. She says she has a ticket and is "in the middle of deciding if she'll go" because "it's going to be freezing."
Hagan spoke at an event for OurTime.org, which featured will.i.am and John Legend.
Hagan won the Miss America title last week. The 23-year-old was born in Alabama, but moved to New York at 18. She was named Miss New York last year and lives in Brooklyn.
She says she feels "overwhelmed, excited, humbled" after having the crown for a week.
president barack obama, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 16 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 11 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 9 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed 17 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious...
16 min ago