Olympic medalist Michelle Kwan marries in RI
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - January 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Olympic medalist figure skater Michelle Kwan and a grandson of the late U.S. Sen. Claiborne Pell have married in Rhode Island.
The Providence Journal reports Kwan and Coast Guard Lt. Clay Pell married at the First Unitarian Church in Providence. About 250 guests attended, including Gov. Lincoln Chafee and his wife.
Uniformed police officers stood guard outside the church Saturday as the 32-year-old Kwan and her bridesmaid emerged from a club across the street.
Kwan is a public policy envoy with the Department of State and the most decorated figure skater in American history. She won 43 championships, the silver medal at the 1998 Winter Olympics and bronze at the 2002 Games.
Pell works on the national security staff at the White House.
marriage, olympics, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 41 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
41 min ago