Josh Duhamel named host of Kids' Choice Awards
NEW YORK (AP) - January 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- There's plenty of green slime in Josh Duhamel's future.
The star of "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" on Wednesday was named host of Nickelodeon's 26th Annual Kids' Choice Awards, which will be broadcast from the Galen Center in Los Angeles on March 23.
Duhamel, who starred on the NBC drama "Las Vegas," has already been inducted into Nickelodeon's Arm Fart Hall of Fame and showered in green goo.
The Kids' Choice Awards honor kids' favorites in film, music, sports and television by tallying the votes of kids online and via mobile devices. During the show, green slime is routinely dumped on celebrities and winners receive trophies shaped like blimps.
Last year's awards, hosted by Will Smith, attracted 6.2 million viewers.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 10 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 3 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 23 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ