Kutcher takes on tech idol Steve Jobs in 'jOBS'
PARK CITY, Utah (AP) - January 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ashton Kutcher says playing Steve Jobs on screen "was honestly one of the most terrifying things I've ever tried to do in my life."
The 34-year-old actor was in Park City, Utah, to premiere the biopic "jOBS," which was the closing-night film at the Sundance Film Festival Friday.
The film tells the story of the Apple founder, whom Kutcher considers a personal hero.
Kutcher plays Jobs from Apple's origins in the 1970s until the launch of the first iPod in 2001. The actor said he admired Jobs for his singular focus and compassion for the consumer.
The film also shows Jobs' less appealing side, withholding stock options from some of the company's original employees and denying child support to the mother of his eldest child.
ashton kutcher, steve jobs, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
40 min ago