Judd announces separation from Franchitti
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 39, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ashley Judd and Dario Franchitti are separating after 11 years of marriage.
Judd's spokeswoman confirmed a Tuesday report from People magazine that the 44-year-old actress and 39-year-old Scottish race car driver are ending their marriage.
The star of such films as "Double Jeopardy" and "Kiss the Girls" says in a statement that the pair will "always be family" and will continue to cherish their relationship based on love, integrity and respect.
Last year, Judd starred in the ABC series "Missing" and attended the Democratic National Convention as a Tennessee delegate.
Franchitti has won the Indianapolis 500 race three times.
The couple wed in a private ceremony in Scotland in 2001.
ashley judd, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- American Univ: campus on lockdown, gunman reported 2 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 22 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 29 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 31 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
31 min ago