Emmylou Harris charged with hit-and-run in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles prosecutors have charged country star Emmylou Harris with misdemeanor hit-and-run related to an accident last year.
The Grammy-winning singer was charged Wednesday for failing to exchange information with a driver whose car she hit on a freeway on Oct. 1.
A criminal complaint filed in Beverly Hills did not contain additional details about the accident or how much damage occurred.
A publicist for the 65-year-old singer didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.
Harris has won a dozen Grammys for her solo work and collaborations with artists such as Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Alison Krauss and others.
Harris continues to tour and is scheduled to release an album of duets in late February.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 15 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion