Emmylou Harris charged with hit-and-run in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - January 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles prosecutors have charged country star Emmylou Harris with misdemeanor hit-and-run related to an accident last year.
The Grammy-winning singer was charged Wednesday for failing to exchange information with a driver whose car she hit on a freeway on Oct. 1.
A criminal complaint filed in Beverly Hills did not contain additional details about the accident or how much damage occurred.
A publicist for the 65-year-old singer didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.
Harris has won a dozen Grammys for her solo work and collaborations with artists such as Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Alison Krauss and others.
Harris continues to tour and is scheduled to release an album of duets in late February.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 9 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 56 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 4 min ago
- Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
4 min ago
- Waitress types "B" word on customer's receipt
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos