Randy Travis to enter drunken driving plea
SHERMAN, Texas (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Country music star Randy Travis is scheduled to appear in a North Texas court, where prosecutors say he is expected to plead guilty to driving while intoxicated.
The hearing in state district court in Sherman would end a drunken driving case that began last summer when Travis was accused of crashing his car while driving naked.
Grayson County District Attorney Joe Brown says details of the plea agreement will be released Thursday following Travis' court appearance. The misdemeanor is punishable by up to two years in jail and a $4,000 fine. However, one of Travis' attorneys, John Nix, has said he expects Travis will be sentenced to probation.
texas, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness