Randy Travis to enter drunken driving plea
SHERMAN, Texas (AP) - January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Country music star Randy Travis is scheduled to appear in a North Texas court, where prosecutors say he is expected to plead guilty to driving while intoxicated.
The hearing in state district court in Sherman would end a drunken driving case that began last summer when Travis was accused of crashing his car while driving naked.
Grayson County District Attorney Joe Brown says details of the plea agreement will be released Thursday following Travis' court appearance. The misdemeanor is punishable by up to two years in jail and a $4,000 fine. However, one of Travis' attorneys, John Nix, has said he expects Travis will be sentenced to probation.
texas, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos