What's YOUR "Purse-onality"?
January 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A body language expert has revealed an insight into how the way a woman holds her handbag can give an insight into her life and personality.
Ladies know it's all about the purse, but did you know that how you carry your handbag can say a lot about you?
We are deconstructing the science of pocketbook placement.
Patti Wood, a body language expert from beauty blog Refinery 29 has broken it all down.
"How you hold the purse says it all. You can tell if a person is insecure if they are hiding behind their bag," Wood says. "You can also tell if the person is very trusting. They have their bag in back of them, they don't pay attention."
You decide which of these describes your "purse-onality" and what it reveals about you.
- First, there's the Schlepper: You might have several bags that you carry in a 'wherever fits' manner. This says "You're fatigued, exhausted, and in a rush," it also shows you are trusting.
- The Two-Fer: This style may mean you are feeling a little insecure and hiding behind the bag.
- The Thumb-to-Pit: Otherwise known as the "Sex and the City" hold, suggests you are street smart.
- The Hands-Free look: This says you could be a little nerdy, organized, tidy.
- The Arm-Crook Hook or Showstopper: This screams empowerment. You are wearing the bag as if it's a badge of honor or an award. You feel as if you've got a sense of superiority. Basically, it's the power hold - the bag enters the room before you.
6at4, fashion, entertainment
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 32 min ago
- Temps Soar