Director plans movie related to Newtown shooting
RIDGEFIELD, Conn. (AP) - February 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- A director says he's traveling to Connecticut to prepare for a TV movie related to the Newtown school shooting.
Jonathan Bucari told News 12 Connecticut he planned to visit Ridgefield on Monday.
Ridgefield is 20 miles southwest of Newtown, where a gunman fatally shot 20 first-graders, six educators and himself in December.
WVIT-TV reports Bucari's film company says the film focuses on a 13-year-old boy with mental illness and a fear of his parents after the shooting.
Bucari says he picked Ridgefield because it looks like Newtown and he didn't want to upset Newtown residents so soon after the killings.
Ridgefield schools superintendent Deborah Low says the timing is "poor."
Bucari's Internet Movie Database page lists one completed directorial project, a TV pilot called "The Sacrificial Lamb." He has no listed telephone number and hasn't responded to online messages.
Newtown, Conn. school shooting, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 13 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 28 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 26 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 18 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos