Walters hopes to return to 'The View' in 3 weeks
NEW YORK (AP) - February 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Barbara Walters isn't "scratching too much" from chickenpox, but she says she won't be back at "The View" for three more weeks.
Walters phoned into the ABC talk show Wednesday. Calling from her home, she reported that she's weak but not in any pain.
She was hospitalized on Jan. 19 after fainting and cutting her head at a party in Washington. The 83-year-old has said she had the chickenpox and a temperature at the time, but didn't realize it. She suffered a concussion and got six stitches. She was released 10 days later.
She announced Wednesday: "I'm not itching away."
Then she marveled that the best remedy for itching is an age-old one, saying: "We have Facebook, Twitter and calamine lotion."
barbara walters, abc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 1 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?