Hathaway eyes more musicals after 'Les Miserables'
BERLIN - February 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Anne Hathaway says she'd like to do more musicals after the Oscar-nominated "Les Miserables" - but don't expect her to launch into a singing career.
Director Tom Hooper on Saturday presented his movie, an adaptation of a Broadway musical based on Victor Hugo's novel, at the Berlin film festival.
Hathaway's role as an outcast mother reduced to prostitution has won her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress.
She told reporters she hopes to do more musicals and would like more to be made - "I'm a big fan of them, so that would make me very happy both as an actress and as an audience member."
But Hathaway says the experience hasn't made her more comfortable singing in public. She says: "I have no plans for recording an album."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's