Jude Law brings psychiatrist role to Berlin fest
BERLIN (AP) - February 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jude Law says his biggest challenge in preparing for Steven Soderbergh's new thriller "Side Effects" was psychological: convincing himself that he could play a psychiatrist properly.
The movie has its international premiere Tuesday at the Berlin film festival, where it's one of 19 contenders for the top Golden Bear award. British actor Law plays a psychiatrist who prescribes a new drug he's testing out as part of a lucrative deal with a pharmaceutical giant.
Law told reporters he was faced with "overcoming the reality that I wasn't going to be able to go to medical school in the time it took to prepare for the part."
He added: "I didn't have a huge relationship with pharmaceuticals or an understanding of them."
movies, germany, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School 54 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
43 min ago