Giffords, Kelly featured in March issue of Vogue
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - February 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and her husband, Mark Kelly, talk about their continued push for gun regulation in the upcoming issue of Vogue magazine.
The couple has formed a political action committee in hopes of preventing gun violence and changing laws to require compulsory background checks for gun buyers. The PAC will also work to limit the size of ammo magazines and to ban the sale of assault weapons to civilians.
Kelly said "now is the time" to do something in the wake of recent mass shootings in Colorado and Connecticut.
Giffords and Kelly were interviewed at their Tucson home for the article, which appears in the March issue of Vogue that will be available on newsstands on Tuesday.
Giffords, 42, is shown lounging on a couch, dressed casually in a turtleneck sweater and holding hands with her husband.
Giffords was among 13 people wounded in a January 2011 shooting rampage as she met with constituents outside a Tucson supermarket. Six people were killed.
She resigned from Congress last year. Kelly, a former astronaut, has been by her side during her recovery.
They both attended Tuesday's State of the Union Address in which President Barack Obama called for stricter gun laws.
rep. gabrielle giffords, arizona, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game