O'Brien to headline correspondents' dinner
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Late night talk show host and comedian Conan O'Brien will be spending a late night with President Barack Obama.
The White House Correspondents' Association has chosen O'Brien as the featured act for its annual dinner on April 27.
Association president Ed Henry called O'Brien "one of television's most innovative and influential talents."
Henry added: "As social media has changed all aspects of the media business, Conan has embraced this shifting landscape to become a creative force both online as well as in the traditional television model."
The association dinner is traditionally attended by the president and first lady, government officials and journalists. Proceeds finance scholarships and awards that recognize journalism excellence.
O'Brien appears prepared. On Monday he tweeted: "In honor of President's Day, I won't be getting along with Congress."
conan obrien, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 7 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 58 min ago
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor