O'Brien to headline correspondents' dinner
WASHINGTON (AP) - February 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Late night talk show host and comedian Conan O'Brien will be spending a late night with President Barack Obama.
The White House Correspondents' Association has chosen O'Brien as the featured act for its annual dinner on April 27.
Association president Ed Henry called O'Brien "one of television's most innovative and influential talents."
Henry added: "As social media has changed all aspects of the media business, Conan has embraced this shifting landscape to become a creative force both online as well as in the traditional television model."
The association dinner is traditionally attended by the president and first lady, government officials and journalists. Proceeds finance scholarships and awards that recognize journalism excellence.
O'Brien appears prepared. On Monday he tweeted: "In honor of President's Day, I won't be getting along with Congress."
conan obrien, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 52 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 50 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 51 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose