Rachael Ray heads to SXSW; announces book releases
NEW YORK (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rachael Ray is multitasking.
The author and Emmy-winning chef is getting ready for next month's South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas, where she again will be hosting all-day music performances, with more than a dozen bands. One of those bands, The Cringe, is led by her husband, John Cusimano.
The food, of course, will be provided by Ray.
"It's like my Christmas," Ray said during a telephone interview Thursday from her home in upstate New York. "It's a marriage of my love for music and my love for food, in a city that I love."
On Thursday, she also announced the first two releases on her Rachael Ray Books imprint with Atria Books. The books, both out this fall, are Heather Bertinetti's "Fake and Bake" and Associated Press food editor J.M. Hirsch's "Beating the Lunch Box Blues." Atria is an imprint of Simon & Schuster.
"I like supporting people who believe that the quality of life doesn't have anything to do with how much money you have in the bank," she said. "Everybody should be able to afford great food, and that's what I want the imprint to be about."
abc, racheal ray, food, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 30 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 28 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 50 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos