Springsteen's 'Born To Run' house for sale in NJ
LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- For about $350,000, someone can buy a slice of music history.
The Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/YoYHGm) reports the two-bedroom cottage in Long Branch, N.J., where Bruce Springsteen wrote the classic rock anthem "Born To Run" is for sale.
Real estate agent Susan McLaughlin says tourists stop by the house "all the time."
The five-room residence has three owners. If a buyer thinks the asking price is too steep, there's another option: McLaughlin tells the newspaper that two of the owners would consider keeping their shares and selling only a one-third stake. A price for that hasn't been set.
Springsteen rented the cottage in 1974 and '75 when he wrote the music for his seminal "Born To Run" album, which features the title song, plus "Jungleland" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out."
bruce springsteen, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend! 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro 43 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 59 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos