Springsteen's 'Born To Run' house for sale in NJ
LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- For about $350,000, someone can buy a slice of music history.
The Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/YoYHGm) reports the two-bedroom cottage in Long Branch, N.J., where Bruce Springsteen wrote the classic rock anthem "Born To Run" is for sale.
Real estate agent Susan McLaughlin says tourists stop by the house "all the time."
The five-room residence has three owners. If a buyer thinks the asking price is too steep, there's another option: McLaughlin tells the newspaper that two of the owners would consider keeping their shares and selling only a one-third stake. A price for that hasn't been set.
Springsteen rented the cottage in 1974 and '75 when he wrote the music for his seminal "Born To Run" album, which features the title song, plus "Jungleland" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out."
bruce springsteen, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 46 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 9 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ