Springsteen's 'Born To Run' house for sale in NJ
LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) - February 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- For about $350,000, someone can buy a slice of music history.
The Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/YoYHGm) reports the two-bedroom cottage in Long Branch, N.J., where Bruce Springsteen wrote the classic rock anthem "Born To Run" is for sale.
Real estate agent Susan McLaughlin says tourists stop by the house "all the time."
The five-room residence has three owners. If a buyer thinks the asking price is too steep, there's another option: McLaughlin tells the newspaper that two of the owners would consider keeping their shares and selling only a one-third stake. A price for that hasn't been set.
Springsteen rented the cottage in 1974 and '75 when he wrote the music for his seminal "Born To Run" album, which features the title song, plus "Jungleland" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out."
bruce springsteen, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 56 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 55 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
58 min ago