Mindy McCready's funeral set for Tuesday in Fla.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mindy McCready's funeral has been scheduled for Tuesday in her hometown of Fort Myers, Fla.
The funeral for the late country star will be held at Crossroads Church and will be private.
A Friday news release says a memorial organized by friends and the music community is tentatively scheduled for March 6 at Cathedral of the Incarnation.
McCready committed suicide Sunday at her home in Heber Springs, Ark., days after leaving a court-ordered substance abuse treatment program.
The 37-year-old mother of two died from a single gunshot to the head about a month after her longtime boyfriend David Wilson was believed to have killed himself in the same location.
music, tennessee, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 26 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 34 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep