Mindy McCready's funeral set for Tuesday in Fla.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mindy McCready's funeral has been scheduled for Tuesday in her hometown of Fort Myers, Fla.
The funeral for the late country star will be held at Crossroads Church and will be private.
A Friday news release says a memorial organized by friends and the music community is tentatively scheduled for March 6 at Cathedral of the Incarnation.
McCready committed suicide Sunday at her home in Heber Springs, Ark., days after leaving a court-ordered substance abuse treatment program.
The 37-year-old mother of two died from a single gunshot to the head about a month after her longtime boyfriend David Wilson was believed to have killed himself in the same location.
music, tennessee, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 16 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 34 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 41 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 12 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 38 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 45 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 7 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 40 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
16 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
12 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos