Mindy McCready's funeral set for Tuesday in Fla.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Mindy McCready's funeral has been scheduled for Tuesday in her hometown of Fort Myers, Fla.
The funeral for the late country star will be held at Crossroads Church and will be private.
A Friday news release says a memorial organized by friends and the music community is tentatively scheduled for March 6 at Cathedral of the Incarnation.
McCready committed suicide Sunday at her home in Heber Springs, Ark., days after leaving a court-ordered substance abuse treatment program.
The 37-year-old mother of two died from a single gunshot to the head about a month after her longtime boyfriend David Wilson was believed to have killed himself in the same location.
music, tennessee, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 22 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 6 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 47 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 31 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 47 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 20 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 5 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
20 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos