Alicia dishes on 'Silver Linings Playbook'
February 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jacki Weaver is nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars and the native Australian, she says she worked hard to perfect her Philadelphia accent.
"I stayed at the Rittenhouse Hotel on Rittenhouse Square. I must have gone to every bar around there, doing my research listening to Philadelphians talk - my ears flapping - talking to locals," said Weaver.
Weaver plays Delores, mom to Bradley Cooper's character Pat in "Silver Linings Playbook."
She says she listened to Gloria, Bradley's own mom, to pick up the nuances of the dialect.
"Every little phrase and every little vowel sound! I wanted it to be right! I didn't want to sound New York or somewhere else," said Weaver.
Weaver says the set, a real house in Upper Darby, felt like a real home.
"We were like a family and the house smelled of Italian food cooking," said Weaver.
Besides bracciole, in the film Delores serves up some famous and regional Philadelphia dishes.
Crabby snacks were a bit of a mystery to me but I got the recipe from the film crew and got to work in my own kitchen.
I used the orange cheese - Old English, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, pepper and English muffins.
Whip it all together and add the crab. Slather it on the English muffin, bake and serve.
As for the other recipes, the homemade ones were much more familiar to me - homemade pasta!
I went to the experts at Vetri to show you how easy it is for you to do it in your home!
"This is just semolina and egg, no salt, nothing else," said Adam Leonti, Chef de Cuisine.
Knead it well, roll it up, cut the sheets into your shape of choice, boil, serve and enjoy!
oscars, entertainment, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed