Children's author and illustrator create Sandy Hook tribute
NEW YORK - February 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The author of the children's classic "Sarah, Plain and Tall" is teaming up with an acclaimed illustrator for a tribute to the victims of the Sandy Hook school shootings.
Random House Children's Books announced Monday that it will publish the picture story "Snowflakes Fall," by Newbery Medal winner Patricia MacLachlan and her longtime friend and former Newtown, Conn., resident, Steven Kellogg.
The book comes out Nov. 12 and will feature words and images about the Connecticut community where a gunman killed 20 elementary school students and six faculty members.
The publisher will donate a portion of proceeds to an organization that helps the Sandy Hook community.
MacLachlan won the Newbery, given to the writer of the year's best children's book, in 1986 for "Sarah, Plain and Tall."
Newtown, Conn. school shooting, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 39 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized