Morrissey cancels on Kimmel because of 'Duck Dynasty'
February 26, 2013 (LOS ANGELES) -- The TV series ''Duck Dynasty'' is coming between Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel. The singer and animal rights activist says he canceled his appearance Tuesday on ABC's ''Jimmy Kimmel Live'' because ''Duck Dynasty'' cast members will be on the talk show.
Morrissey says he can't perform on a show with what he called people who "amount to animal serial killers."
A&E's "Duck Dynasty" reality show follows a Louisiana family with a business selling duck calls and decoys.
A&E did not immediately respond to requests for comment from it and the Robertson family.
A person familiar with the Kimmel show's plans confirmed that Morrissey was to appear. The person lacked authority to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
The person says Morrissey's performance will be rescheduled.
ABC says the Churchill band will perform Tuesday on Kimmel's show but declined comment on the switch.
Morrissey was treated at a suburban Detroit hospital for a bleeding ulcer last month, according to a spokesperson, forcing him to cancel a Chicago show. The diagnosis forced the former Smiths lead singer to postpone shows in Flint, Minneapolis and last Saturday at the Chicago Theatre.
His Chicago show in October was postponed because of a family medical emergency.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 48 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases