Toby Keith's bassist killed in Oklahoma car crash
SLAUGHTERVILLE, Okla. (AP) - March 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the bassist for country music star Toby Keith has been killed in a two-car crash in Oklahoma.
The Cleveland County Sheriff's Office says 54-year-old Carl "Chuck" Goff Jr. was killed in the crash Wednesday night in rural Cleveland County, about 35 miles south of Oklahoma City.
Keith said in a statement that he's "deeply saddened" by Goff's death. Keith says Goff was a close friend for more than 25 years, serving as band leader and bass player.
Goff shared writing credits on "Upstairs Downtown" and "You Ain't Much Fun" on Keith's 1994 album "Boomtown."
The two-vehicle crash remains under investigation. Authorities say the driver of the second vehicle wasn't seriously injured.
toby keith, accident, music, oklahoma, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 16 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...